Once tasted, never forgotten. First master the lessons at Old Fashioned 101 and then come back and try this guiltiest of pleasures.
- Add a barspoon of raspberry syrup and three dashes of teapot bitters to a mixing glass.
- Add a handful of ice and 30ml peanut butter bourbon and stir for one minute.
- Add a second handful of ice and a further 30ml peanut butter bourbon and stir for another minute.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass (also known as an old fashioned glass) with or without ice (your preference).
- Garnish with a raspberry on a teaspoon of peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Bourbon: Lightly roast 250g raw peanuts to release the oil, then add these and two teaspoons of brown sugar to 750ml bourbon and leave to infuse, shaking occasionally. After a week, soften two tablespoons of peanut butter and add to the bourbon and peanuts. Leave for a further three to four days then freeze for 24 hours and filter.