Avid readers (hello mum!) will recall that last week we started infusing the guts of a Christmas pudding in some bourbon. One week on and the infusion was ready to be strained, filtered and decanted into a bottle:
- Sieve the fruit from the bourbon and press down on the fruit to express as much liquid as possible.
- Filter the syrupy liquid through coffee filter papers and store in a clean bottle.
This has a longer shelf life than its taste will require. In other words you will finish it before it spoils! My first pour with the finished bourbon was a Christmas Manhattan (I think I might have overdone it!):
- Combine 50ml Christmas pudding bourbon, 25ml sweet vermouth, 12.5ml Christmas Mulled Cup and two dashes of Teapot bitters in a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir well for sixty seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe.
- Finish with a spritz of Christmas tincture.